AVA IT Committee Documents Page
(Version 5.3 - 11/16/2018, 11:55AM EDT)
This page is intended to provide a common location for documentation of new ESR features
as they become available. As we add new features and gradually transistion the legacy
ESR system to the my.ava.org website more documentation and links will be added to this page.
- New Features added to the AVA Legacy ESR system for 2019 in support of Traveling Guided Walk (TGW) and Guided Bike (GB) Events
(All of the restrictions listed below are enforced by the ESR system, typically when a RD selects a TGW or GB event for approval.)
- Approve a regular TE before the first TGW - For a given year and club, a RD will not be permitted to approve a TGW walk for a given club until the club in question has an RD approved Traditional Event.
- Approve the earliest TGW/GB first - For a given year and club, when there are no RD approved TGW (or GB) events and more than one TGW (or GB) events are yet to be approved, then the ESR system will only allow RD approval of the TGW (or GB) event with the chronologically earliest start date.
- Following TGW/GB's must occur after the first approved TGW/GB - For a given year and club, once the first TGW (or GB) event has been RD approved, then the ESR system will not permit a TGW (or GB) event to be RD approved that has a start date earlier than that of the first TGW (or GB) event.
(This is a limitation of the current ESR system. To sanction a TGW/GB with an earlier start date than the first approved TGW/GB, please contact Mike Green, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Limited editing after an event is approved - For all event types, once an event is RD approved, a RD will not be permitted to change the type or category of the approved event. (RDs should instead contact AVA HQ who can use the AVA-EDIT capability to make these changes and adjust the sanctioning fees as appropriate for any change.)
- TGW1/GB1 events cannot be deleted - A RD is not permitted to delete the first RD approved TGW (or GB) event for a given club and year.
- Only one TGW/GB stamp per year - Clubs will receive a single stamp for their first RD approved TGW (or GB) event in a given year. No stamp will sent to the clubs for later/following TGW (or GB) events.
- Default TGW/GB stamp text - The default stamp text for a TGW (or GB) stamp is "GUIDED WALK" (or GUIDED BIKE) on the first line and the event state on the second line.
- Edit TGW/GB stamp text carefully - A club may edit the text of its TGW (or GB) stamp before it is scheduled for production. Clubs should choose the stamp text carefully keeping in mind that the stamp will be used for all TGW (or GB) events in a given year.
- TGW1/GB1 defined - The event type code TGW1 (or GB1) is used to indicate that a TGW (or GB) event is the first RD approved TGW (or GB) event for a given club and year.
- TGW2/GB2 defined - The event type code TGW2 (or GB2) is used to indicate that a TGW (or GB) event is the second and all later RD approved TGW (or GB) events for a given club and year.
- TGW/GB fees - AVA HQ TGW and GB Sanctioning Fees: $75 for TGW1 events, $30 for GB1 events and no sanctioning fee for TGW2 (and GB2) events.
AVA Community Events "How to"
- The above link is to a pdf that describes how clubs may sanction AVA Community Events (ACEs) and includes guidance for RDs to approve ACEs.
- The first section in this pdf describes "How to" designate an AVA Traditional Event as an ACE-T, ACE-Y, or ACE-P event.
- The second section describes for clubs "How to" request approval (and RDs to grant approval) for doing individual ACE-WG (ACE Weekday Guided) events for a given calendar year. Once approved, a club may do an unlimited number of ACE-WG individual events for the approved year. After completing an individual ACE-WG event, a club must enter the required post event information, including the event's participation and more, as shown in this section and further detailed in Section 5 of the AVA policy manual.
Event Stamp Editing
- The above link is to a pdf that describes in detail how a club may now edit the text of stamps for new events.
- Clubs may edit the text of an event stamp after event approval until the stamp is scheduled for laser cutting, typically about 2 months before the event start date.
- Once an event is approved, it may take up to 2 days for the associated stamp to become available for editing. New (not renewed) YRE/SEs may take longer.