AVA IT Committee Documents Page
(Version 4.41 - 10/17/2018, 8:40AM ET)
This page is intended to provide a common location for documentation of new ESR features
as they become available. As we add new features and gradually transistion the legacy
ESR system to the my.ava.org website more documentation and links will be added to this page.
Event Stamp Editing
- The above link is to a pdf that describes in detail how a club may now edit the text of stamps for new events.
- Clubs may edit the text of an event stamp after event approval until the stamp is scheduled for laser cutting, typically about 2 months before the event start date.
- Once an event is approved, it may take up to 2 days for the associated stamp to become available for editing. New (not renewed) YRE/SEs may take longer.
- How to designate a Traditional Event as ACE-T, ACE-Y, or ACE-P
- Clubs: Create a new Traditional Event with the number of stamps set to 0.
- Clubs: Notify your RD (via email) to designate the event in question as either ACE-T, ACE-Y, or ACE-P
- RDs: Employ the RD event editing interface to change the Event Category of the event in question to the requested ACE type (using the drop down event category selection feature, also used to designate an event as PPSF).
- Clubs: Guidelines for AVA Community Events can be found in Section 5 of the AVA Policy Manual on the ava.org website, found via the following link: http://www.ava.org/policymanual/Policy_Manual_2018.pdf
- Clubs: Upon completion of the event, enter participation data in the usual way for a Traditional Event by clicking on the "Participation Report" button, for the event in question, on the "Club ESR Status Listing" page.
- How to get annual approval and enter participation data for
ACE Weekday Guided events (ACE-WG)
- Clubs: You must first request RD approval to do ACE-WG events for a given year by following the steps (2-4) detailed below.
- Clubs: Login to the AVA ESR system, then click on "EVENTS" which will display a page containting 5 buttons as shown below:
- Clubs: Notice there is a new "ACE-WG" button. Click on this button to display a page similar to the following:
- Clubs: On the this page, select the year that your club wishes to be approved for. (In the future, this will automatically create and send an email to your RD indicating your active request.) For now, manually create an email requesting ACE-WG approval and send to your RD to expedite approval. Below is a portion of this page showing a pending approval status for 2018:
- RDs: Upon receipt of a ACE-WG approval request email, you should login to AVA ESR system (as an RD) and click on the "Navigation" button to display the RD Nav page. A portion of this page is displayed below:
- RDs: On RD Nav page, notice the new row, "Annual Approval of Clubs conducting ACE-WG Events" with an adjacent button, "Go to RD Home on my.ava.org". Click on this button.
- RDs: In the near future, any pending approvals will be displayed on this (home) page. For now click on the "Approvals" tab to display the ACE-WG approval status for all clubs in your region. Notice a distinctive arrow shows clubs requesting ACE-WG approval as shown in a portion of the page below:
- RDs: Approve/deny club ACE-WG request(s) for a given year by checking-off the appropriate boxes as you see fit.
- Clubs: After your RD has approved your annual ACE-WG request, your club ACE-WG Participation page will indicate this approval as shown below:
- Clubs: You may now do individual ACE-WG events for the year approved as per the guidelines in Section 5 of the AVA Policy Manual on the ava.org website, found via the following link: http://www.ava.org/policymanual/Policy_Manual_2018.pdf
- Clubs: After completing each individual ACE-WG event, return to your ACE-WG participation page via the "ACE-WG" button on your club's Events page and enter the required participation data into entry boxes on the right side of the page (See the page image for step 3).
Participation data for each individual ACE-WG event must be entered and submitted separately. The bottom of the page will display the most recent previously submitted participation data and its billing status.